Vaccination & Veterinary Requirements
- All vaccinations must be current within a year, with the exception of Bordetella (kennel cough vaccine), which is required every six months. We require that you bring this documentation when your dog is brought in for their temperament test. As a regular client, we ask that you provide ongoing proof of vaccinations given, so please ask your vet to place a reminder for a six-month bordetella on your vaccination listing. For your convenience, vaccination documents can be faxed to 816-361-3114 or e-mailed to CustomerService@PoochesParadise.com.
- Dogs over the age of 6 months are required by Missouri Department of Agriculture to be neutered or spayed to participate in group (daycare) activities.
- Please do not bring a dog that is ill to Pooches’ Paradise. Our mission is to provide our client’s pet with a safe, clean, and stimulating environment for daycare and boarding. A dog that is not feeling well is an unhappy guest and poses a risk to our other client’s pets, especially our older canine guests. If your dog is exhibiting any symptoms such as coughing, diarrhea, discharge, or any obvious health issue, we ask that they not return to Pooches’ Paradise until they are well.
- We require an “all clear” on fecal tests, and if we see signs of Giardia (bloody stools) we ask that you have that checked and do not bring your pup back until your dog has been given a clean bill of health from your vet.
- A temperament test must be completed prior to regular visits or boarding at Pooches’ Paradise. This allows us to gauge whether your pup will be able to play with our other guests safely. We do these tests Monday through Thursday. Please contact us to schedule a time to bring your dog/dogs in. Typically temperament tests are scheduled around 9 AM or 3 PM. We prefer that your pooch stay with us for at least 2-3 hours.
- What happens during the temperament test? We will slowly introduce your pooch to the pack which will allow them time to observe and begin interacting with his/her new canine friends. We supervise all interactions to ensure they have a positive experience. The temperament test also lets your pooch know that you are dropping them off to play and you will return later to pick them up.
New Client Documents
- We ask all new clients to complete a new client information form which also includes our standard agreement. You can complete the form at Pooches or print it out and bring it in. Client Information Form and Standard Agreement.
- For Professional Grooming Clients, please complete the Client Information Form and Standard Agreement above as well as our New Client Addendum and Grooming Contract.